View Single Post
Unread 10 Jun 2007, 08:13   #45
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Why should I come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferretus
But having read through it all again I think Makhil's comment has made my mind up (repeated below for convenience)...
Frankly, it sounds like Makhils comments werent directed at you as some random player just randomly firing at another returning random player. It sounded quite harsh to me, and a bit uncharacteristic of him, but i think your reply kinda makes it obvious why he responded in that way: Makhil feels you betrayed his alliance. Your own admission of hopping alliances in the middle of a round to preserve your rank could be seen as damning evidence in this regard. No, it doesnt excuse the harshness of the 'welcome', but if you have been a pillar of an alliance's HC and then abandoned them rather than stepping up and trying to fix it and lead, should it be such a surprise that you find resentment?

Thus, by extension, this action will not be typical of most players, or indeed any players except perhaps 'old guard' ToF people. So, its probable that you'll find most of the rest of the universe (if not the forum, kinda loosing my optimism there) more welcoming.

As for rep: do with it what you will. Random reps can be frustrating, but they ultimately dont do anything. tbh, i disagree with removing the rep system as it can be a handy way of sending people a small comment not worthy of a forum PM, and contribute towards positive discussion, but yes there are problems with it.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote