View Single Post
Unread 7 Jun 2007, 05:19   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Why should I come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
The whinge isn't about hardcoded limits. It's about vague rules regarding activity that is within what you're able to do in the game (without being knocked by the mechanical limits), and very broadly defined as cheating in the EULA. There are quite a few threads about the subject at the moment.
I dont mind broad rules - infact having open rules is a good idea in order to encompass behaviour which is clearly unsavoury but doesnt have any specific rule prohibiting it - broad and/or vague rules are an effective measure to counter this kind of situation.

However, that issue is very different to one of enforcement - ultimately, some sort of 'common law' type of mentality that is based on precedent needs to be upheld in order to encourage consistency between decisions, whilst still being flexible enough to distinguish a case where it is necessary.

What you said earlier, though, sounded a bit like a whinge at not being able to do anything at all within in the game due to hardcoded things (like not being able to attack your galaxy) rather than issues like farming. At least, that's how i took it, but having re-read it, it can also mean EULA breaches and thus i have to stand corrected.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote