View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2008, 16:38   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Revealed: the real reasons why people have sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Yeah, probably. I dont think people have any real reason for reading newspapers or watching TV news other than some vague guilt relating to 'keeping informed about the world' , and the desire to pass time. If youre sitting on a train bored or on your lunch-break, youll read pretty much anything regardless of whether its celebrity gossip, the latest scientific research, or the details about an election in some country youll have forgotten about 10 minutes later. The internet is quite bad when it comes to encouraging this sort of behavior too, and the passive commodification of information is maybe just a result of having so much of it available.
I've stopped reading newspapers and I havn't watched the news for many months and I have noticed no difference in my life, except that I don't feel as depressed. I do ocassionally glance at the BBC website but try to stay away from the nonsense i.e. 90%

The only downside is that I'm not really up on the latest issues of politics (which isn't great as that's my course) but it doesn't seem to have any actual impact that can't be remedied in a short space of time. I'm also surprised to find that my ability to argue hasn't waned in the way I thought it might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
That sounds interesting, is it on youtube? Its definitely not just a problem with 'low-brow' tabloids and it applies equally to pretty much all forms of media really. If anything, the tabloids are more honest since they dont have any pretence at being more than titty pictures and scandal.
I had a look but I couldn't find it, but I'm shit at that sort of thing anyway. It's pretty old, possibly even from the 1980s so I'm not sure where you could get it.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote