Thread: XP this round
View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2006, 14:39   #42
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: XP this round

I've decided that this round while being politically shit is actually very shit in terms of how XP works. There is no encouragement whatsoever to attack up the food chain, hence the only way of playing is to put in excessive amounts of time which is hardly going to make the game 'accessible'. This round is massively defensive and unlike round 4 (which was horribly defensive) it won't be saved by exciting politics.

Value is the only option to play for and to me this round does not strike a 'balance', instead it pretty much gave in to the shortsighted whining hysteria of people who weren't clever enough to spot a different way of play. How you achieve this 'balance' I don't know at this time.

Their only valid point was that XP was far too beneficial and they weren't getting out what they put in. What they got was a game purely constructed for their benefit and one that made it crap for all those not at the top of the foodchain as all you can do is attack down, which is not an interesting way of playing and doesn't really offer any kind of challenge..

The difference is instead of crying about it and leaving, I'm going to argue on PD about it instead of going off on one.