View Single Post
Unread 1 Jul 2006, 04:34   #48
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Christianity] A question to those of religious leanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
It would take several posts for me to share exactly how I came to know Christ and I am still working on writing it down but one day I plan to share my testimony about the glory of God.
Why are you willing to believe in something that clearly isn't real. So you say that all these things you can't see are in different 'realms.' But how do you know any of that is real?

If you make the argument that "I feel it inside me' well you know a lot of religions and spiritual beliefs are based on internal thoughts and feelings. What you feel for your religion, your connection with god or what have you, others feel that with spirits like in animism, or with their dead relatives like in Shinto. Just bear with me for a minute, here and put aside your doubt, put down your walls and just let's assume that whever your feeling is the result of various chemicals in your brain and other parts of your body.

I have taken some pretty powerful drugs in my life, and I will tell you that chemicals can make you feel and see all sorts of shit that isn't real. They are that powerful. So, it's not too much to assume that whatever you are feeling inside is just a normal physiological phenomenon that can seem pretty real, but isn't anything. I think experimentation with drugs has at least shown to me that you just can't trust what you feel inside. I think my experience with mentally ill people, shut up yahwe, has also shown me that chemical 'inbalances' can severely alter people's perception of the world around them, of how they feel, and what emotions they experience.

You should not put any credence in what you feel internally, you should not use it as a basis or foundation for a highly unplausible idea. There's absolutely no honesty there, within you. It's chemicals, and perception. If you have nothing else to go by, other than how you feel, you really don't have much to stand on.