View Single Post
Unread 20 Sep 2014, 11:58   #20
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Stats - Round 59 and beyond

So TheoDD you would rather keep things the way they are?

Every planet starts with Democracy and around tick 200-300 you switch over to either total or Corp(more likely). Do you know why everyone does this? Because there IS no better option in this game. Dist whoring will never pay dividends because of the cost of cons vs the research and time it takes to make it viable.
Value whoring with refs and Fc's is the only way to do well in this game.

We need to change the way that people look at setting up their planets rather than just demo->corp build fc's and walk away.

I do like Kaiba's idea about tying governments to research Tree's or at least making it so you don't start with the ability to pick a gov at tick 0.

This why if you truly want Corp then you'd have to research your way too it before it or what ever the requirement is. Change is a good thing especially when it comes to mechanics because the politics of this game will adapt and the people that want to win will adapt but its HOW they do this that will change the game. Right now everyone fits into a very easy stereo type that's been established over the past 10 rounds. It would be nice to see that broken up a little bit. Hell I've been suggesting making ship modifications for rounds the viable objection to it is we would need someone to code it into the game. Well we can get someone to do that. We have quite a techy group in this community im sure that somone is capable of editing the combat engine. But some things just have to change, more than just init, names or t1/t2.

Frankly these rounds are so repeditive that this game is becoming boring because of the repeditiveness. If things changed just a LITTLE bit mechanicly i feel that the game would come back to life and offer something different. I may be alone in this opinion but I doubt it, however if i am not I think things need to change.