View Single Post
Unread 18 Sep 2005, 16:48   #8
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: so we are getting a new government today

yes, eastern germany. the number of underemplyoed people is somewhere around 6 million, it didnt change much in the last 10 years (which isnt so bad, given all the outsourcing to eastern europe). By OECD-standrads (people who work at least one hour per weak dont count as unemployed) things wouldnt look this bad.
tbh, i have no idea what to do about the unemployment, i dont think any government can do much. you certainly cant create growth in a country with a problem with domestic demand by increasing the VAT-rate by two percent and scaring people even more about their jobs. no matter how much you cut workers rights, we will never be able to directly compete with eastern europe.