Thread: GIF Ad Banners
View Single Post
Unread 21 Mar 2008, 23:30   #66
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: GIF Ad Banners

By the way, if you want a crazily large (14,000 words) but enormously wise lament on the state of mathematics in schools, click here for the PDF.

It details why mindlessly teaching students mathematical forumulas (the hows) is utterly useless without first helping students to think through and explain (in their own words) the forumula. There's lot more than that in the rant though. It's probably the best educational lament I've read since the one on why the British university system's shagged (search for: The Decline and Fall of the British University - I've posted it here before).
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote