Thread: Obama
View Single Post
Unread 6 Nov 2009, 01:23   #21
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda View Post
I don't believe that super-powers are super-powers in orde to provide justice for the world.

However, the U. S. is (or perhaps has) abdicating the role. It is becoming increasingly clear that the U. S. has neither the resources nor the will to intervene in all of the hot spots on the globe. I don't know if any other country truly has the resources or the will to intervene. However, it seems likely that someone will try. If it turns out to be Russia or China, the results might be worse than those screw ups master minded by the U. S.

I worry.
I don't worry. None of this answers the question what originally justifies US, Russia, or China, or anyone for that, to push influence over other nations' internal policies. Russia (or earlier Soviet Union) and China have been doing this in an extent ever since World War II or so, Russia especially - and so far it's yet to result in disasters any greater than what's happened in Afghanistan (mind you, which was meddled by Soviet Union too) or Iraq. It doesn't really answer either, why it'd be necessary, for a Western-minded country in particular, should hold such a role in the global community over other entities (be that UK, China, or Russia).
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote