Thread: Animal Rights
View Single Post
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 14:35   #35
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Re: Animal Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
A lion is not capable of those higher thought functions which allow it to consider such an option. Can you hold a (non-human) creature to accout for its actions? No you cannot because it lacks the ability to reason.

this does not justify hunting lions for fun.
Animals have a higher thought process than you give them credit for. Just because they cannot speak or communicate on our level, does not mean that they cannot communicate. Zoologist and scientist have been communicating with monkeys and other primates for years using sign language, and have learned they are capable of communicating with us.

I can hold non-human animals accountable, I hold my dog accountable for peeing on the floor, he will hide after he does it because he know's it was wrong. Dogs and other animals even lions have been shown they have the ability to be trained, remember, and even be remorseful for actions, and don't tell me a dog won't try to reason you by giving you a cute look and doing tricks and other things to get you to overlook them doing something they weren't supposed to.