View Single Post
Unread 16 Feb 2007, 17:14   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Bottom of the Class

I think that at the moment we are in a vortex of rapid scientific discoveries and thinkings about methods on how to design (there is no other word for it) a succesful upbringing, how to design a life and what is good and bad.

I think that the complexity of this problem never really comes back in any of the investigations and that a lot of variables are being influenced by variables not taken into account. And for some variables indicators are used which are very dodgy, or very correlated with other variables.

The wish to model life and it's effects and to bring it down into a vectorial equation has unwanted consequences. People start to believe in the equation while the equation itself is only approximated, on a crude crude scale and individual factors which are per individu different is usually neglected when doing sociological studies, while sociological dynamics are often neglected or not taken into account when judging individual cases.

Although I do believe that this report is an indicator that some things might be wrong with the English and UK system and that there might be something worthwhile in the Belgium, Dutch and Scandinavian systems, it is nothing more then that. An indicator.

I also believe that all over the line, the western world is driving itself crazy. There is noone that can bring us down, except ourselves. Others might surpass us, bring us relatively down, but in absolute terms, we can only bring ourselves down.

I hope this was readable and understandable, if not, I'll try to clarify later. I have no proof or references for the causal relationships I just stated, this might however be a nice subject to find scientific proof on.