View Single Post
Unread 15 Feb 2007, 19:56   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Bottom of the Class

It's been in the paper here for a few days.
TBH, I'd say it was probably (unfortunately) accurate. The family unit has been completely trashed, we spend far too much time copying america (who were 20th), and many kids are spoilt, unrestraint brats who have no sense of respect or their "place". Most people spend too much time online, or out drunk with friends.
In fact, when you get into the "north" (at least I've heard from people in yorkshire / newcastle / etc), kids are going out at 14/15 and getting drunk, doing drugs, sleeping around, etc.
My cousin informed me just before christmas that she's been bi for 2 years. She smokes (like her mother and stepfather, admittedly), does drugs (which they don't), has been known to drink anything in the house that has alcohol in it (on NYE she spent the morning with her girlfriend drinking the night's champagne, then asked her mum if there was a bottle of vodka they could have at 3pm...) and is 16 next month. I admit I didn't go out much and it's possibly just as bad in the south, but the percentage of children who disappear (at 13-14) out each evening until quite late instead of staying at home is growing, and they're drinking, smoking and going out to "nightclubs" aimed at under 18s.
and it's not good.

I'm not saying that's the norm all the time, but familys are now getting more and more to be just groups of individuals - even my family, which is pretty conservative and does things together each weekend (often gardening of late ) spend time in different areas of the house in evenings, apart from meals etc.

It is a bit sad, but I assume it's not yet as widespread in other countries?

Sections of this post may be based on things said in the Daily Mail. Apoligies for any inaccuraces present