View Single Post
Unread 17 Aug 2007, 11:32   #136
felaheen

felaheen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Paradigm or not it's just the wrong general direction to make FR the Xan's primary roiding fleet.

FR is the Zik primary roiding fleet. FI should remain the Xan's primary roiding fleet in any case.
Keep its init, lower its damage or emp resistance if you feel banshees are too strong against Ter pegs.

This is from one of the better Terrans in R22, I disagree.
I think Ter and Xan were balanced very well in R22.

Xan Fi can be a problem, but as pegs are a Ter mainstay anyway, if you had enough of them you could reduce the likelihood of Xan Fi landing drastically.
In turn, without a lot of spectre, which a lot of Xan did develop in the later parts of the round, as Ter you could hit back with BS.

Each had a gap for the others roiding fleet, and the right ship and incentive to close that gap. Each was doable and reduced the chances of a 0-loss attack on you by the other.

This needed no fixing. Xan hit you with Fi, and you turned around and got your roids back with BS.
This was a good thing, and made for interesting interactions between Terrans and Xans.

Leaving the FI roiding fleet as lesser option for Xan, will leave half of the Xan community reeling trying to find new playable strategies,
and it diminishes the game as a whole, leaving both Xan and Ter with only mediocre options in hitting each other.

Xan FR against Harpies, brrr. Init-nerfed Fi against pegs, brrr.
Ter BS against improved spectre, brrr also. Just makes everything unattractive to everybody...

So instead of hitting and hitting back, they'll just pass on each other...
I fail to see how that improves much...

Very beige...

Regardless of the stats, it also reduces the 'fake'- capabilities of Xan drastically, making them a whole lot less scary.
Additionally the changes to the cluster ETA's is a nerf to Xan Fi in itself.

This big Ter and r22 DC says, if you are going to nerf the Xan due to a perceived dominance, that imho doesn't exist, you nerf their FR, not the FI,
and you don't leave the game without a viable FI roiding option that doesn't require a sh*tload of other sacrifices and galsupport to be playable.

My two cents for what it's worth.

felaheen
felaheen is offline   Reply With Quote