View Single Post
Unread 16 Aug 2007, 13:18   #104
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 23 Ship Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
So literally all round last round all you did was roid Terran's all round?

Xan FI enmasse WILL still force through most ETD's/Cath's, stop being so stupid as to think that it wouldn't.

You can rip in to what i said as much as you want, put simply you are saying why choose fi when fr work good as defence/attack ships. The simple answer being fi is a roiding attack fleet so why should you be forced to choose the other? Also i stated the phantom as a killing ship has become pointless to build if all you are trying to do is beat emp (which is now the only worthwhile target). The cheaper banshee will be easy to produce in mass and quicker, giving you those extra ships as a buffer for ingal emp defence.

The way i played last round i did produce a heavy banshee fleet with around 2mill banshee and 300k phantom. The phantom really had **** all use in my attacks for their cost. I was able to hit ter,caths and etds with just banshee. Now that pegasus init has been changed for me ter are not a worthwhile target and my paper fi are not worth playing chicken with (since eventually they will have to overcome an emp target). A good target race has been taken away from the fi player and i know for a fact that later on in the round when my value had built up, trying to hit the top cath/etd's (for good score) was simply not happening as they were keeping roids easier and could outproduce pretty much most fi attacks with little help from ally/gal.

We shall see how the 60% value theory works out delver, but tbh unless you spend 80% of your resources on producing fi... they will never overcome the emp targets that we have been left with.
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote