View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2009, 14:00   #9
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve
Re: This round from a noobs point of view

I am afraid that the feeling of tri is 100% right.

Last round was horrible.. It just dragged on and on and this round.. Well, pa-team *tried* to solve the issue of too big gals while going to exactly the wrong direction. Whenever i look through the gals, i can see gal after after being dead.. and the poor new guy sitting in it being just an farm.

quote "Round went on, my gal did fine, was attacked several times but Rock provided solid def for the most of it, however, getting 4-5 waves saw some waves going through."
well you were lucky, as you had an good ally which covered most.. But just think what happen if you don't have an ally and you were unlucky enough to have 500+ roids.. That will will you will have the same 5 waves and will end the day with 120 roids.

This rounds i have seen 700k value planets with 300 roids being attacked by planets which where 1500k value (or more) with 1300-1400 roids... Easy roids for the attacker, but what an fun.. Ofcourse this is not only this round but all of them.. People who just other planets which are almost below their bashing limits.

The bashing limit works in theorie but in practice, it really doesn't matter... People do an bcalc before they launch (taking into account the guessed production) and they KNOW that the other side will remove his fleet or face total destruction. Gal raids + prelaunches made the game just an boring excercise. You launch knowing that you will win whatever the other side does.. and you recall if the other side gets deff.. (most of the time).. After three weeks of doing that on exactly the same moment in the day you are fed up with it.

If you are not part of an ally in which you can coordinate your attacks and/or defends then the game is not really worth playing anymore.. Planetarion is now all about allies.. and sending multiple waves to the same poor target.
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote