Thread: ID Theft/Fraud
View Single Post
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 01:32   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
ID Theft/Fraud

I kept reading in newspapers how they were rife and all and I honestly thought it was exaggerated. Until last Sunday.

This guy at work (bit of a supervisor) deals with customers who come in with stolen proofs (stolen as in they are not the person on the credit card/driving licence). The only reason I know this is because he confided to me about it. He tells me a crack head comes in with the cards and sells it for £25. He (the supervisor) then gives it to whoever he knows who'd go out and get a contract mobile phone/45" LCD HD TV/whatever on some sort of Finance. They obviously don't pay anything, walk away with the item and the person who lost the cards get their credit rating/future credit history ****ed.

I don't think there's a way of preventing such things. They do all this by direct debit. It won't indicate that the card is cancelled. So what use is just cancelling the card? And driving licences have your address on it. Take out a contract under that address, you've got a brand new phone and you're not gonna use the sim card anyway. The bill goes to that address and the person living there will go a long way to say that he/she didn't take such contract out.

It now worries me that if I lose such things, I'd be ****ed for a long time.

Just felt like sharing what I'm thinking at the moment.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote