View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2009, 09:53   #34
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold
Re: All for 1 and 1 for all (ETA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
2) Stat makers would be able to include BS/CR killing Fi/Co, and vice versa.
I can see your point with this change, something needs to be done to make the FI/CO swarms easier to stop. But I think that changing the ETA in the way you proposed it will make FI/CO fleets even more viable.

As in, take xan as it usually is, building FI/CO attack fleets and FR/DE as anti-CR/BS defense. If this change would be implemented wouldn't it be easier for xans to dominate because they have anti-everything in light ships?
Just think, xans wouldn't even need to research another Hull or build a single medium factory to have anti-CR/BS. In my opinion, this would hurt CR/BS planets even more, while only making attacks a little bit harder to land (keep in mind, xans fake) and render rushing CR/BS after protection almost useless.

To make it balanced, you'd only need to give one race a CR/BS ship to fire at FI/CO, just like cath had a few rounds ago. I'm sure anyone can find some of those in-gal.

Last edited by ricoshay; 25 Jun 2009 at 10:46.
ricoshay is offline   Reply With Quote