View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2009, 22:51   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: in-game levels of difficulty/expertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Well, to play pa doesnt require high activity? What tends to push activity miles high is IRC, not the game itself. Apart from HCs/DCs and the like.

Most people would say the best part of pa, by far, is working with your galaxy to cover incommings (i certainly would, as long as its a good galaxy). That can take up entire mornings..

I cant imagine PA ever being a game where someone "inactive" could be top10 (unless its an XP round, or he has mates who put in all the activity for him - and since I'm being accused of being sexist elsewhere, i should add: "or her!").
Thats's not what I'm suggesting, though I can't blame you for being confused. When I said "do well", I basically meant that PA should be playable no matter how inactive I am, though obviously within reason. If I choose to log in twice a week, that should be possible without seeing that my planet has been reduced to ashes every time I log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
That said, although pa itself might not require much activity to do well - it does require constant activity each day. So I do think there should be a semi-vacation mode possible - where you can go inactive and not worry about being bashed (the whole option for auto-sending away fleets), but still get income. But I do think this should come with a penalty if you chosoe to use it - maybe just that your mining bonus is halved or so while you use the feature.
Just let people play the game casually if that's what they want, there's no need to implement an additional punishment for inactivity, inactivity is a punishment.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote