View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2009, 16:42   #15
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: in-game levels of difficulty/expertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
i think this is a fantastic idea. The idea of running your fleet..or prelaunch just isn't well explained and is hard for new players to understand. A tick box under each fleet which can exclude them from any battles at the home planet would be really good.
I personally think, even at a tutorial level, if you log in and see incommings, you should be forced to react accordingly. Not just log out and know you won't die.

I've had a change of heart really. I think the way my idea has progressed in this thread is stupid Adding in different levels of difficulty into the game is just complete and utter fantasy. So I'll go with munkee, a bit.

On signing up you should be able to choose to be a beginner - fairly high protection from the rest of the universe, but you're still "playing with them" and thus can get addicted. You'll have no chance of getting top200 (unless you xp whore+++, or sit on 750 roids nonstop) - until you upgrade to a normal planet. Something to get beginner accounts involved in alliances would be good too. Maybe copy eve-online a bit. You start in a beginners-only alliance, ran by volunteering oldies that will, eg, set up attacks on a galaxy of only bot planets? (activity by those oldies will be bare minimum to set up a nightly attack like that ). Will also get new players meeting each other (they can ofc join real alliances instead if they can/want to). Be nice if real-alliance reps sat in these chans too - if only to offer the odd bit of advice, but maybe to look for potential recruits.

I like that idea.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote