View Single Post
Unread 13 May 2009, 14:09   #4
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: in-game levels of difficulty/expertise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado View Post
Providing that its balanced out, I have to say this is an excellent idea. One of the problems with PA is certainly the amount of activity that's required. I just fear that there might be a whole bunch of indestructible (unless calced wrong) support planets out there.

Maybe their fleets should have to stay at home for 2 ticks or so after landing at home, to make fleetcatches possible. And the auto recall should probably be at eta 2 or something.
Yeh, I admit my ideas above aren't really balanced - I hope I haven't given it as much thought as pa would if they incorporated it into the game! One way to avoid abusing the system to obtain a top planet using it, would be to have the 10% cap rate dependent on rank. For example, if you're top100, its 25%, top200 20%. Or maybe you get given an ultimatum - either upgrade to the next level (assuming expert/inter/beginner), or stop receiving income from roids for a while ;/

And pommeh's ideas are good to stop them being used as support planets
newt is offline   Reply With Quote