View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2005, 07:35   #49
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of
Re: Any good reasons not to make alliance tags and/or value public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashar
Intel is a whole dimension to the game, taking it out is like going from 3D graphics to 2D graphics, it would make it bland, it takes away a lot of the intrigue and makes everything far more predictable. I prefer the game to be unpredictable and full of complex intricacies, I don't want a bland shell. People often compare the game to looking at numbers in a database, in my view, this makes the game more like that than a game.
hahahahah i just reread this thread and i have to respond to this because the words and phrasing you chose are ****ing hilarious.

intel gathering at the moment is like a well oiled machine for big alliances. getting some tips, then continually jgping known targets to collect cords isn't a complex puzzle. avoiding friendly contact with your random gal members for as long as possible makes perfect sense if you want to keep your cords a secret.

pretty much everything which effects the outcome of this game comes from ship-stats and what happens on the battlefield. intel has little bearing on who will win the round (i.e. without it the round will be just as unpredictable)

i believe the mixing of groups and the forming of new friendships or mutually benificial agreements is what keeps the community going, something which has steadily dwindled . encouraging gals to co-operate seems like a step in the right direction. i would say making new friends to work out gal strategies and meet goals is a better gaming experience overall -- this is what hooks people into PA.

Last edited by Duncan; 27 Oct 2005 at 07:41.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote