View Single Post
Unread 26 Oct 2005, 09:06   #25
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future
Re: Any good reasons not to make alliance tags and/or value public?

So, here are my thoughts:

(1) Paid Planets In-Galaxy See Alliance Tags

I rather like the idea of allowing paid planets to see alliance tags in-galaxy. It would be a rahter nice counter-balance to galaxies being able to scan you. If an 'enemy' alliance member is in your galaxy, it would be ovbious.

(2) Alliance Value

I, though, do see a lot of arguement being spawned from the issue with alliance value. With alliance-value, I could see a lot of arguing occuring on AD about how one alliance is an XP-whore, and how--at the end of a round, one alliance was 'weaker' than the other due to a lower value. Score is the final measure of judgement in Planetarion, and it should remain that way, of course. Don't get me wrong--I do think that the actualization of public alliance value would be good to know--though I wouldn't consider it overly benificial. But on the other hand, I could see a lot of bickering on AD with these 'statistics' about one alliance versus another.

But, on the other hand, I could make an arguement that alliances should have the right to maintain their anonimity. For example, I beleive a 50 million score alliance with 45 million in value should have the right to be right up there on the standings as a 50 million score alliance with 40 million value. Smaller allainces wouldn't be *as afraid* of attacking the alliance with smaller value than the larger one. The smaller value alliance attacks larger targets, on average, and therefore is still equally deserves the place. By keeping the values anonymous, I think there is a better chance for an equal war--since both alliances are working on what appears to be an even playing feild, and being perceived as doing so by the rest of PA. By having these values be public may be demoralizing to one side, or a morale booster to the other--which have a very large impact on the game via the meta-game.

-NitinA

P.S./edit: You people need to *READ* before replying... Notice how he said paid planets in-galaxy would get to see alliance tags. It's not an all-or-nothing thing.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21

Last edited by NitinA; 26 Oct 2005 at 09:13. Reason: added retardation section
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote