View Single Post
Unread 25 Oct 2005, 19:50   #20
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of
Re: Any good reasons not to make alliance tags and/or value public?

i would like to see alliance tags displayed for the following reasons:

1) As things stand, large alliances already have the benefit of the proposed feature while small alliances don't. I'd put arbiter tools in the same vein as bcalcs and sandmans, as they're all external and give you a considerable advantage (in this case organization). It would be shit if only some people had access to those things, and it's shit that only some people have access to this.

2) I think big alliances will continue to chose the same targets they do now, particularly if a war is involved because this game encourages that type of game play. For an alliance to do well and rise in ranks, they need to hit allies bigger or near them. If a big alliance wanted to seek out and destroy the larger players of small allies (without attacking their real competition) they can do so already; afaik they rarely do because it's a retarded, not to mention a mean and cowardly strategy.

3) Solo bashing will happen regardless, and people who are in a position to do so know how to find a suitable victim and can find out what allaince it belongs to.

People who are being bashed will now know exactly who's doing it. Bashers will be alot easier to spot and you'll know what ally they're in, and can be called out in public.

4) Galaxies would be tighter as a result. More trust, less secret gal chans, less fake nicking and more attention put on helping newbs and getting them into to friendly allies,, rather then being scared about your coords being leaked.

5) It adds a fun factor to smaller guys (like me ) who have no idea what the **** is going on politically. We could follow along in wars and get a better idea of the battles going on if we wanted to. Quite simply, knowing who you're attacking and being attacked by is alot more enjoyable as it gives an actual purpose for playing.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote