View Single Post
Unread 25 Jun 2007, 17:08   #7
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Rape sentence too 'lenient'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
I'd have to disagree. The article, to me, seems to indicate there was no question of consent, or why would the judge have to take into consideration that the girl looked 16?

But yeah, if 10 year old girls are looking like they're 16 these days, the legal age should be higher.
Maybe he felt that raping a child was worse than raping someone of consentual age, not really sure as I was a bit confused by that. I was just going by the fact it said

"Oxford Crown Court heard that Fenn removed her clothes and raped her, while an accomplice, Darren Wright, 34, took her home and sexually assaulted her."

which I suppose could just be statutory rape.