Thread: hey guys [food]
View Single Post
Unread 23 Jan 2007, 23:16   #15
KoeN
Lucky

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Re: hey guys [food]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
'already discovered' ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerky_(food)

Throughout human history and culture, drying meat has been a common method employed to preserve it. By drying thinly sliced meat in the sun and wind next to a smoky fire, the meat is protected from insects which would lay eggs in the raw meat. These prehistoric methods to preserve meat for storage have been used by the Inca and many other ancient peoples, who prepared jerky from the animals they hunted or husbanded as an essential matter of need ...

TWAT

i don't really see which point you are to make here, friend yahwe. to me it seems rather obvious that dry meat (just as cheese) is being consumed for ages. but that isn't really what this thread is about...
anyway thank you for trying to make a decent contribution. especially the wiki-link i appreciate. you law-boys surely know how to find the best of scientific websites!
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote