View Single Post
Unread 23 Dec 2011, 17:16   #169
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about
Re: R45 Stats Discussion

What seemed to be quite attack oriented stats have begun to look, tiresome and defensive.

Itīs a shame as it prevents lands overall, and the factor of gaining roids and xp when wars are fought.

let me illustrate:

Etd DE - canīt land anywhere - Solo

IF:
ter builds phoenix
xan builds ghosts
zik builds cutters
etd builds centaurs
cath builds vipers (and even the anyone can roid cath doesnīt apply here as the numbers you need to outmanouver T1 DE viper - uni eta -1 on DE is too silly to even make a calc of)

And I know you will say oh but a teamup with TER DE they can attack everything, correct - but that is irrelevant for this post.

I would like you to get back to your original idea about every roiding fleet being able to attack atleast 1 race (that isnīt cath).

so go through zik/ter/etd/xan again please - find 1 race for each of their fleets where they can land without having Init against them.

it would do three things.

1. Leave players who solo a fair chance to do so, without the help of a big and facy ally strat and available teamups

2. Give allies a wider range of offensive actions when warring other allies (draining fleets on targets that canīt selfcover etc.)

3. in overall endorse an attack oriented way of playing, where change of roids are more dominant than keeping them (that is imo the most fun way of playing PA)

if you donīt think itīs worth it fair enough, I would like an argumented response of why though
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote