Thread: The Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 17:53   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Smoking Ban

The ban comes into place in just over a month, on 1st July 2007 (fyi) for the whole of the UK. I know some people have already had it enforced where they live (it came into effect in Jersey in January 2007).

I can only see it as a good thing. I especially love the way that my clothes don't stink of smoke after a night out (and as I'm not a particularly sweaty/BO-ridden individual, this allows me to wear them again). Before, I had to wash clothes after 1 night out as they simply FELT dirty.

Pig wrote this in another thread though. Not wanting to derail it (hay jbg ) I thought I'd stick it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Especially when the ban comes in, when people go outside for a cigarette, you will wonder what they are talking about. You will want to be part of the conversation. Of course I am not saying that you should take up smoking, but a couple of times it will cross your mind that you should endure the smoke, the cold etc just so you can be part of the conversation.
Do you really think that'll happen, piglet? I can't realistically think of a situation where I'd be wondering what people are talking about outside, and go to join them. Even in the summer I'd rather just be where everyone else is. Just because they're outside having a smoke doesn't mean the conversation suddenly becomes exciting and different.

Come Autumn/Winter, there's no way people are going to be tempted to brave the cold weather outside to join their smoking buddies.

Most of my friends have (thankfully) given up smoking, or are in the process of doing it. I don't smoke. How many of you smoke? Will the ban encourage you to quit?