View Single Post
Unread 10 Feb 2007, 02:25   #46
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hey DDA where do you get your "gas" from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
Collapses of the french government? I thought there was a hiatus in the napoleonic wars and then on WWII :S. Am i wrong?
Well, there was a revolution in 1789 (obviously), then Napolean became Emperor, was defeated and replaced by a king, who was then overthrown and replaced by another monarch. There was another revolution in 1830 and another monarchy of sorts until 1848 then the other Napolean became President (and shortly after Emperor). Then you had the whole business with the Prussians invading in 1870 (and of course, the Paris Commune) which led to the Third Republic. Then there was the business where the country was engaged in one of the worst wars in human history and large swathes of the country were a battlefield. After that was over there was a half-time rest and in the second half the whole country was invaded leading to yet another regime change. After that was over with there was more strife involving some troublesome North African types which led to the constitution being ammended in the 50's which brought the French to their Fifth Republic (and counting). Apart from that, it's all been steady as a rock...
Quote:
The reason for the unbalaced wealth generation has to do with us being catholic, and having pleasure in poorness and lack of interest in mundane things.
Umm....no. A nations religious background will of course influence the politics of a nation, but to say that the unbalanced "wealth generation" (as you call it) is mainly down to people not being interested in "mundane things" is nonsense. Somewhere like Brazil has a gini co-efficient much more in line with South Africa (majority protestant) than it does with Croatia, Spain or Ireland (majority catholic). These things are much more down to the political history of these countries and the way that struggles have manifested in political structures, etc. Overall, I doubt it has much to do with people "taking pleasure from poorness".
Quote:
I meant i wish there was a government that could last for a while, given that every and any government aims at perpetuating its existence, which can only happen by keep people happy, meaning evolving.
This logic is rather simple minded since it implies no-one should ever challenge the status quo. Following what you've said, I presume you want Chavez to stay in power for as long as possible?

Not every government (or system of government) is worth keeping, some (e.g. apartheid South Africa) need to be abolished or overthrown. Change shouldn't happen for change's sake but when governments stand in the way of human progress then they should be dispensed with.

Besides, your military dictatorship lasted twenty years. Wasn't that enough?
Quote:
I never lived with the Saudis, but i expect it to be a lot better than its counterparts, despite these nuisances, considering things like women walking around in normal clothing, having rights and etc.
Well, Saudi Arabia may be better than Iran (even that's arguable) but that's daming with faint praise. By most indictators, Saudi Arabia scores badly - even compared to some other countries in the same region. I'm still mystified how you can hold it up as an example of civilised behaviour.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote