View Single Post
Unread 9 Feb 2007, 19:03   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hey DDA where do you get your "gas" from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
He thinks the US and the world gives a crap about his political views
Erm...they do give a crap about his political views. That's why there's plenty of commentary from Rice (as mentioned previously) and Rumsfield about his politics. This is why Bush has openly condemned him. That's why there is American support for the opposition in Venezuela. That is why there is some evidence of American involvement in 2002's attempted coup.

Quote:
You seem to comprehend under developed countries as somewhat of a anoxic and static state of affairs where the riches **** up the poor, and they havent got a chance of turning the tides.

I wish it was like that
I don't believe I ever said that. What I would say is that in many parts of the under-developed world there are horrific levels of inequality. This is especially true in Latin America which has been hailed as the most unequal region on Earth. And Venezuela, which is quite a wealthy country (in terms of resources) is a prime example of this. The political elites (either democratic or military) did very little to resolve the poverty suffered by many millions of people.

I'd also add that this 30-40 year shift that you describe does not happen everywhere - in Mexico the PRI held power for seventy years. And conversely (continental) Europe has until recently suffered fairly calamtious politics too - the number of interstate wars alone from 1800 to 1945 being fairly impressive in number, and with it the number of collapses of the French government. But I'm not sure what all this has to do with Chavez.
Quote:
Put things in perspetive. What if Tatcher changed the flag to ' i hate punks' and then blair changed the flag to ' workers party rules' or something like that?
I don't give a shit about our national flag, but you've still not answered the question. Where is his name? Or did you mean this metaphorically? I agree that political egotism is revolting, but it's hardly the most important issue in this context.
Quote:
brazil has active peacekeeping forces, it is an active member of UN, as the US. Hugo´s interests are self congratulation/masturbation.
If the armed forces of the United States were merely used for masturbation then I suspect we might live in a better world.
Quote:
May i add that these literary/educational programs are based on banning capitalist books and teaching the biased comunist doctrine?
Can you provide a list of books banned? I've done some light google searching and can only find reference to the Satanic Verses being banned, in 1989 - some years before Chavez came into office.
Quote:
Saudi Arabia and the Emirates on the civilized world (despite being surround by a sea of plain wrogness).
Are you giving Saudi Arabia as an example of the civilised world? A country which sits 46 places lower in the RSF rankings on press freedoms than Venezuela? A country which Amnesty International says has regular beheadings by swords (especially against foriegn workers), illegal or unfair trials, torture in the criminal justice system, a complete lack of due process, that punishes people by amputation? This is civilisation to you?
Quote:
I would take my chances with the US in the blink of an eye.
No doubt, but as you say you wish the rich could **** up the poor continually, this is hardly surprising.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote