Thread: G to the De-tox
View Single Post
Unread 30 Jul 2008, 10:17   #43
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Re: G to the De-tox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prover

[The latest neuroscience is demonstrating a strong correlation between happiness and intercommunicating in the fullest. Our most profound experiences are largely inexplicable in writing and thinking anyway. We feel the greatest sensations when our emotions become loosened in the presence of other people. And according to this science, these vibes (or electrodes) are vitally implanted in our brains to give us pleasure. This gets lost when we're only exposed to virtual means of communication.]

Quote:
what are you doing here then ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prover
I thought my purpose statement was pretty clear. Go back and re-read it, since your question demonstrates the typical lack of understanding from the narrow-minded thinker who zeros in to the point of abstrusity. The true question is what are you doing here? That is, why are you trying to ignore the major thesis of my post by putting things in a negative view? If you have something to contribute, such as qualitative (or quantitative) information, please do so.

Figures, atheists run out of the foxhole when things get serious.
ok, i dont debate on forums, especially this one, my spelling and punctuation skills are not up to it as anyone here who is anally retentive about that will inform you, and i dont wish to drive them insane ! (i actually play the game that theese forums are connected to)
But just for you i will try to make my point. (sorry guys).

You say that a virtual enviroment numbs the emotions
Quote:
*We feel the greatest sensations when our emotions become loosened in the presence of other people. *
surely theese forums are a virtual enviroment, you have no direct connection, no idea when the people writing are here.

Forums are a disconnection from real life interactions, a buffer between the writer and interaction with others, thats why they are so popular, what your saying is that places like this numb the emotional neurons in our brains, so why are you here numbing yours, why are you not out, doing this in real time ?

Why should it matter if i am athiest or not ?

Does no faith or belief in a higher power preclude the ability to have a reasoned discussion or debate, far from it, a closed mind is the only thing that does that !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote