Thread: G to the De-tox
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2008, 00:09   #13
Prover

Prover is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these parts
Re: G to the De-tox

Membrivio:

Never did I say "religion equals God". It was clearly "religion is about God". It was also clearly implicit that I meant the God-religions, which make up the 'average' religion anyway. I said up front this was a very broad-minded topic, yet you are confusing that with narrow-mindedness. Furthermore, practicing evangelicalism and learning in an open-minded environment easily do not exclude each other. You know very little about my brand of evangelicalism in the first place. Then you take one sentence that slipped out in a reply of frustration about atheists and try to retract everything else I wrote. When else was I not being positive? Do you not see the problem here is with a gap in communication? It's not about arrogance or narrow-mindedness. It should be about humility and empathy. I have a very good grasp of 'averages' in the world, so that is how I'm presenting my arguments because they are the clear facts of human nature. You might see this post as generalizing too much (I call it pattern recognition), but I think it's as founded as any other scientific discipline. I just haven't included all the hard statistics.

Last edited by Prover; 28 Jul 2008 at 02:15.
Prover is offline   Reply With Quote