Thread: Alcohol or Pot?
View Single Post
Unread 4 Apr 2006, 17:51   #132
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alcohol or Pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
ok: i get off on the risk; it adds to the buzz.

ffs yahwe, have you any stats for the number of people who were arrested in clubs last year when buying pills off a dealer? i encounter risk from the moment i wake up in the morning, there are bigger things to worry about than the rozzers going undercover to bust some guy for dropping one or two pills (dealing is a different matter ofc and i would never do that)
My argument has been the following:

Part One: It's irrational to justify illegal activity on the basis that you are unlikely to be caught because:

1) Criminal Offences never 'time out' and prosecution can be brought at any time.
2) There is simply no way of assessing the statistical chance of being caught: 'feelings', 'what my mates say' or 'what i vaguely remember from tv' is not a concrete assessment.

Maxim = "every criminal thinks they won't get caught until they do"

Part Two: A cost benefit analysis should be performed before doing anything.

A cost benefit analsis can not include unknown variable. If it does the result of the analysis will be valueless. You therefore can not include in any cost benefit analysis of drug use the vague notion of 'risk of conviction'.

In re taking drugs (class A) the cost benefit anyalse should be expressed as followed:

The cost of taking class A drugs is potentially 7 years in prison and an unlimited fine. The benefit needs to outweigh this.

[I decided to try another line of argument this time. Few of you seemed able to understand the intrinsic nature of an obligation to obey the law when living in a democratic society.]