View Single Post
Unread 22 Jun 2009, 01:53   #74
toad

toad is on a distinguished road
Re: Should SKs be changed for R32?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
There are a few reasons why people say SK in main fleet are a bad idea.

Xan Fi/Co get unfair advantage when using SK due to ETA
1) Welcome to the fact FI/CO always have had an advantage over large ships.
2) You dont hear many people complain that 1 tick defence when roids/fleet are concerned.
I actually have to say I agree with this response. The fact remains, if we're deciding whether or not to put them in the roiding fleets, Xan has to have low ETA structure killers because of their roiding fleets. It's pretty simple really, if you are against them in fi/co fleets then you're obviously going to be against them in roiding fleets at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
Adding SK to main attack fleets will mean smaller people have a harder time.
Time to remove pods then, so no one losses roids.

"its not about cost of losing structures, but the time rebuilding them"
Not many people attack more than once a day, so losing roids is a big deal and getting the roids back could take a while.
Admittedly, I don't really understand why people are comparing asteroids to structures. It is possible to get back a large number of asteroids in one day. It's not uncommon to get 100-200% increases in asteroids during a particularly good day roiding (and potentially initiating). Structures are much more difficult to regain. Yes, I understand that nearly everyone has brought up the time issue, but it's obviously a large impact. I don't see how you can tell me that someone with 120 constructions, maybe 10 days from round end, isn't impacted by 5 waves of SKs landing, leaving him suddenly with 70-75 constructions with no way to recover that. It costs you resources rebuilding, along with the lost resources (or production, security, etc) that you would have gained without it.

I'm not saying SKs in the roid fleets would completely ruin the game, like some people feel, but I do think that it's pretty obvious that it's not helping player growth. I'm not one for an easier game per say, I'd rather see it get harder and more tactically difficult. However, at this point in time, I'd rather see some pro-new player implements along with Pete's supposed marketing that helps grow the player base.

I'm just not sure why we're doing/arguing over things like this that, in the end, don't really improve the game, instead of new ideas that can actually evolve the game and game play, especially for new players.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote