View Single Post
Unread 19 Sep 2008, 10:20   #26
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: I've just had LASEK eye surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
Ive considered getting eye surgery for awhile but Id heard worrying reports that your eyes start to deteriorate again once theyve been 'healed'?
The surgery has been around for about 15-20 years or so and afaik it lasts at least that long. Some people relapse, but most appear to be permanent.

Quote:
Im eternally looking at a screen and when im not im reading, hence i have faith id ruin my eyesight again in afew years and need surgery again (but i think you can only get it once?)
Afaik it depends on the thickness of your cornea and which surgery you go for. I've got fat eyes so was told I can have it done 'many' times. My aunt had LASIK done 3 times (she was one of the ~1% needing retreatment. Now she's fine!)

Quote:
Math just doesnt quite work out for me, i wear monthly all day all night contact lenses so i barely notice im wearing them the majority of the time and they cost £20 a month (roughly) so 80 months to get payback on them is 6 and a half years, im bound to have ruined my eyes again by that point. When it gets cheaper/safer its something id certainly consider but im sitting with sitting on my contact lens fence for now.
Something like 1 in 10,000 have 'serious' complications, which is pretty safe, and afaik no-one's ever been blinded by LASEK.

If you're fine with contacts though, I'd probably stick with them. Contacts hurt me and that was a real bitch.

Also, payback time is bigger than 80 months: if you put the £1600 in the bank now, and averaged 5% interest, you'd get £80/year which you wouldn't if you spent the cash on surgery.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote