View Single Post
Unread 26 Mar 2005, 23:59   #30
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Todays Internationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
He is improving dramatically. If you were saying this about the Joe Cole of a year, six months, hell, even 4 weeks ago, I'd have agreed with you. I don't think we've got the finished article yet, but then again I don't think Colej has finished developing yet either. Don't forget two or three years ago when Lampard wasn't even a shoo-in for the squad, let alone the team.

That's one thing that really confuses me. Why does Sven put Bridge in LM when he plays this pairing. Maybe he likes his overlapping fullbacks.

I agree that 3-5-2 would be our theoretical best formation, but nobody plays it at a club level so it might not be that great, especially when you factor in that you may be switching players around due to injury, or withdrawl from friendlies (which is where you'd try this kind of thing out, ideally. Or in a qualifier if we're through already, which is, knowing england, unlikely).

Having said that, one problem with the 3-5-2 is that it would leave the flanks hideously exposed, and with our seemingly terminal inability to defend set pieces I would worry about inviting more crosses.

Possibly that's just a "missing Ferdinand" thing though, that bastard does a hell of a lot to make the defense better as a unit, despite his off-field persona.
I fully agree with you when you say hes improving dramatically - but i dont think that hes improving in a defensive sense at all; i'd cite the Barcelona game as a perfect example. He was a threat going forward, but anonymous in defence. He gave away 3 or 4 fouls today due to bad tackling, a skill he hasnt mastered even to a competent level in his entire career. The area i think hes improved in is End product, just not in an all round capacity. Thats why i think hes an expensive player. If you managed to give him a free role, fantastic, because he neglects his defensive duties anyway. Lampard is a good marker, i suppose, but the questions about Lampard were never about his defensive frailties. (Actually, to a side point, i have no idea what lampards defensive qualities are, because ive never seen him in a situation where hes had to defend). Bridge has played more at left mid than A. cole has, but it is indeed obvious to anyone, that Bridge is a better defender and cole is a better attacker. (The little diving ****er that he is).

Even with 3-5-2, if you consider (imo) first choice
Ferdinand-Terry-Cambell, A.Cole-Gerrard-Lampard-Beckham-WrightPhillips, Rooney-Defoe
Heres a second choice 3-5-2, "backup lineup"
King-Carragher-Woodgate, Bridge-Butt-Dyer-J.Cole-G.Neville, Owen-Johnson
More of a 5-3-2, but still, theres some depth there.

I do understand your problem about the wings, but as it stands, Joe Cole drifting everywhere, Beckham moving inside, you practically only have one line of defence anyway, so you may as well utilise these positions to your advantage

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote