View Single Post
Unread 31 Jul 2007, 12:46   #15
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Next round alliance limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Even by the current account numbers (about 2900 active planets) which is bound to be less by the next round being a paid one, 150 planets is quite alot, infact its more than 5% of the current base. with an high estimate of 2500 planets next round it will more or less grade to at about 7% of the playerbase. With this free round and a limit at 70, we've seen several new alliances being formed, some old returning and a few others being rejuvenated. I think that positive growth in the communities around is a positive development.

You dont need to have 149 allymates in this game to have fun, or to be a force in the game, 70 or even 60 is plenty enough. The arguments I still stand for is that the variety of alliances helps keeping the game alive, plus it also evens the playing field. Yes, there have been some who have been abusing the limits and having more planets than allowed, but whatever the limits is, that will always happen, and should not be an argument for changing the limit.
Major new alliances have, to the best of my (admittedly fairly poor) knowledge about these things, come from old alliances. If we look for new alliances that aren't old players coming back for a free round, we have to look around rank 18-20.

I've just mailed all the alliances that are significantly below the limit of 70 members to see exactly how many members they had applying to them.
I know that the top10 alliances were very much over-applied for, but early indications suggest that almost anyone who wants to join an alliance joins an alliance in the top 15 or not at all.