Thread: R61 Changes
View Single Post
Unread 23 Feb 2015, 15:36   #19
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future
Re: R61 Changes

I think its too rushed and is a very big change to the game, i just feel the time could be better spent making changes that will help to attract players than to make things more complicated.

Current issues i see:
.Too few galaxys - related to shuffle and bp size
.Too few players
.1 on 1 alliance wars not possible - war feature is good but stats forces block wars (as well as politics), eg, ND/Ults could only make small gains on CT and P3ng/CT could only make small gains on ult... 1on1 was stalemate.
.Politics... that's a community problem but related to the previous issue as well as complete over reaction to gal raid incs.
.Dependency on scanners - should we be thinking about abolishing most of the scan/amp requirement, it would make it easier for small tags and lone players.
.Players choosing wrong race - stats related again but players end up resetting or quitting the round because of it, maybe a return to tech tree would make things more flexible and allow for people to change direction after the first week. one feature the other game allows you to reset your tech tree, not your planet, research or devs.

Alliance-less planets 174 - how many of these are new players that fail to get into the game or are bashed to quitting, there are plenty of tags that could take them in and support them. we should aim to get this number down or make it easier for those to survive without an alliance.

I'm sure there is more issues or things we can do but it would be good to discuss them first.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote