View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 13:59   #25
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Re: I'm thinking about becoming vegan

Ok well 1st off .. organic actually tastes better, yer i know that sounds like a load of bull .. but try it.
pick up 2 types of fruit or veg from your local supermarket, then the same type from somewhere that does organic.. cook/peel etc and compare.

This works especially with eggs, try a cheap value egg and a corn fed vegetarion chicken egg.

You will be amazed.

Did you know that all the preservatives in our bodies from our diet has lengthened the amount of time we dont go into rigamortis when we die.

As for what farms do to animals, yes i agree its horrendous, but we as [people have to stop eating meat produced that way, if we do then it will become more poular to treat animals in a more correct way for profit reasons for theese people.
The only way to stop them is hit them where it hurts ... in the wallet.

Look at the history of free range eggs for an example.

You dont have to be vegetarion, but you can have a concience.

Quote:
By wishing they were instead raising their calves?
Unfortunately .. cows have been bred to produce way too much milk for 1 calf, it would be sheer cruelty to stop the milking process, however it can be done so it doesnt hurt or distress them.

Also most sheep and cows cannot give birth without help, most would die in labour now

I think pigs are ok .. but i'm not sure, i've not heard anything about it apart from the factorys that dont let them run wild and feed them too much to get more pork off them.

So basically, go Organic and cruelty free and you can eat what you want, and not feel a little guilty.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote