Thread: 5us
View Single Post
Unread 27 Sep 2006, 21:17   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
5us

So, five are starting a new channel in October called Five US.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, but they're going to release a channel over here dedicated to the best of TV which comes out of the US. Adding to an already crammed array of channels such as E4, ABC1, Sky Three (for freeview only, add Sky One for Sky/cable viewers)

Now, five hardly got off to the greatest start. Grunted, they've became slightly better in recent months, but they're still not ace. I can accept that they're looking for a break in on this 'new' market. I've started watching programmes such as Hope and Faith, Rodney, Eight Simple Rules, Without a Trace and a few more. I've also continued watching things such as The Simpsons and Friends, which are somewhat classics anyway.

Of course, more are programmes such as Frasier and Will and Grace are also around but to my knowledge there are no new episodes being filmed.

As for the content of this Five US channel, I've not checked. You all know my talent for prepost research never really blossomed, however, although I somewhat admire five for bringing out this new channel, is it just going to be another channel that gets the odd few viewers and then fizzles out into obscurity? More4 anyone?

On BBC and ITV programmes are dropped because they slump to a million viewers or so, Top Gear was axed a few year back because of exactly this. With the huge amount of channels available to the viewers now, is there space for another channel dedicated to American drama's?

Just a one to ponder, my main question I guess would be, will anyone here be tuning into it?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote