View Single Post
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 16:41   #2
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future
Re: The Big blackout and the consequences

The main problem I have with it is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan
After that we donated bigger amounts to check the dimensions of the bug. There was no limit. Only the hard coded 50 million limit was there so we donated as many 50ms we could. Note we reported this before we did. We knew a bug like this would lead into tick stop, no matter what we do. We have seen PA ticks stopped for far less.
It is NOT your responsibility to test how far a bug can go. Once you've encountered (and reported) it, you should leave it alone. Had you done this, PA Team could have checked all galaxy fund logs without stopping the ticks and delaying everything for 24 hours.

Also, I think you're wrong when you say 90% would have abused it. I'm sure quite a few might have tried to get away with it at first, but with 7+ others able to see the galaxy fund (and therefore notice something is off) someone would've reported it, either from the galaxy itself or someone who heard about it via that galaxy (people can't keep such things secret for very long).

edit1: Removed some irrelevant stuff
edit2: Removed too much first time apparently!

Last edited by Patrikc; 23 Jun 2010 at 19:13.