View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 20:29   #33
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the power of music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
The only song that I can think of which actually changed my emotional state without any internal association is Green Day's "Hitchin' a Ride" and I'm not even sure why that is.
Off-topic, but I don't get this. I'd say the majority of the music I like is (at least heavily) becuase of the lyrics. A tune can be enjoyable enough but without words it all seems a bit flat to me.
A fair amount of music I listen to is instrumental, but even with vocal stuff I've never really cared about lyrical content - I like stuff where the voical phrasing is done well, independently of whats being said. With a lot of my favourite songs, I could pick out single line phrases that I enjoy because they sound good, but I probably couldnt tell you offhand what any song is 'about' because I rarely bother to actually think about the lyrics as an integrated whole.

For me, the voice is best when its being used as just another instrument, perhaps mixed low so that it blends into everything else (eg Cocteau Twins) or just saying words that sound good regardless of what they mean (eg Can/NMH)

Last edited by Nodrog; 26 Dec 2006 at 20:42.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote