View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2006, 14:20   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the power of music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I can understand liking a song for the lyrics but I've never found myself moved by a song based on its lyrics. I think when the emotions you're supposed to be feeling are articulated and expressed by the actual artist it somehow cheapens the emotional impact of the song. Sort of like how in a really good horror film you don't see the bad guy's face or find out anything about him or it because no matter how ****ed up the writer can make him it just can't compare to the power of the human imagination.

Edit: Obviously art, subjective, fq.
I think when lyrics leave a lot to the imagination there's something wonderful to be said. When there's room for interpretation. It doesnt all have to be 'i met a girl, i fell in love'.

Obviously lyrics are most important if you feel some sort of empathy with them. Sometimes you let hours and hours of lyrics roll over you without really listening to the words.

Personally for me, the first time i did e's, i was in a pub surrounded by my friends and i zoned out and listened to 'everybody's changing' and i didnt realise it was about drugs and how apt it was. I hated keane before then, but i grew to love them in about 3.32 minutes.

'so little time, try to understand that i,
try to make a move just to stay in the game, i
try to stay awake and remember my name, but
everybody's changing and i dont feel the same'

For me it pretty much perfectly summed up how ****ing messed i was. I was absolutely bursting with joy, but sadness too in some sort of bizarre over-sentimental way, and because id never done it before i really didnt know how to put it into words how unbelievably wonderful everything was - never mind the fact that i wasnt able to even speak because i was so out of it. Just a little chorus, one you've heard many times, but to me it just sums up how when you're messed on substances, you either do - or think you do - have a greater (or different) understanding of all your surroundings, seeing everything in complex mathematical formula and things, but just cant be coherent in your explanations to anyone about what you see and how you feel.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote