Thread: donation whores
View Single Post
Unread 31 Mar 2010, 00:34   #185
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: donation whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Again by that logic, we should be able to donate our roids to someone and also donate our ships to someone (a zik) but thats currently not allowed. No its not cheating as it hasnt broke the rules but that does not mean nor imply that the rule shouldnt be in there, just that the PA Team didnt think about it.
It could also mean PA team thought about it and decided to leave it as it is.

Quote:
We've discussed this quiet alot in vision channels and hardly anyone (if anyone) has said they like the idea of donations and most regard it as unfair. We can all say 'not many' or 'the majority'.
Iīve spoken to quite some people about it and they all said it is a fun idea and they canīt see anything unfair about it. Whatīs your point?

Quote:
Does it matter if its affected someones planet rank or not? That has no bearing on weither its balanced or fair or should be allowed in the game. You even had to correct it that it has likely directly affected the other top10/20 planets.
It does not matter. I got roided by a teamup on the 2nd day. It affected my planet rank, and I found it quite unfair other people did not get roided.
I think we should limit roiding in the first week to one free land per planet so everyone gets a fair share of roids.

Quote:
Also, what does 'he wont win the round with it' mean? that doesnt have any real meaning, there are very few if any events or exploits you could do at the start of the round to ensure a round victory. It only matters if he has got an unfair advantage from it which he has.
Repeatedly saying he got an unfair advantage doesnīt make this more true.

Quote:
It does give us an insight into how they want planetarion to be. If the PA Team fully intended donations to be used to get someone to #1 rank and double the value of the #2 rank, then they'll keep it in especially if they think its balanced.
Actually its lack of proper changes and just constant formula tweaks which makes PA Stagnant. I dont regard this as a change, its just an unforseen consequence of private galaxys where the loophole will be fixed for next round (more than likely).
As a rough guess Iīd estimate PA team is likely to listen to the whiners. I think I mentioned examples for this earlier in this thread. If you cry enough, you usually get something banned. PA team donīt want to upset people, and those who come up with those "irregular" strategies usually giggle when you try to have one banned and think about the next. Itīs a fairly easy way for PA team to make you shut up and pretend things in your little world are allright.

Quote:
Its not and that shouldnt be allowed or at least it shouldnt be allowed to do it in such volume to propel someone to #1. As ive said before, donations should only be available to planets below the average galaxy score.
Are you aware donations from the gal fund are limited to planets below average score?

Quote:
Thats bcus this forum is Asc + 3-4 other posters. Most people ive spoken to have said they dont like it.
See above, all people Iīve spoken to said it sounds like fun.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote