View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2010, 14:05   #34
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough
Re: "this is a special round"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Well, that depends on the rules for mergers. If they stay the same (I don't see anywhere that has said they won't) I don't see why things would change dramatically. Who exactly is going to have a full tag though? I haven't heard a single alliance come on here and say they would. "They don't have the numbers to compete" makes no sense at all to be honest. R31 saw 20-30 man tags take on ascendancy as part of a block. Why would the situation be different now?
Quote:
I'd like to ask why you see this as causing less fighting between alliances?
Quote:
And the last few rounds of 70 man tag limits really accomplished this? It's just how the political field has been set up recently.
Well, of course no one is entirely sure of numbers at this stage. But I fully expect to see allies like ND and CT benefit with full tags or as good as. I don't see their being 20-30 man tags getting involved at all this round - in fact quite the opposite. I see them folding. Reason it'll cause less fighting between alliances because simply put I see there being less alliances because of the changes. Without any disrespect to these alliances being mentioned, Vsn were potentially folding last round but didn't, p3nguins almost folded the round before but didn't. I see these changes to the tag limit meaning quite the opposite affect to what most people desire...which is more fighting between alliances and more personal rivalries - in much the same mould as we (p3nguins) had with CT last round. For example, 50 man tags, more alliances, less of which will be involved in needless boring block wars and are more likely to take a neutral political stance. They're less inclined to be bullied into either side of a block and instead be quite happy to have their own personal battle or gal raid as this is more beneficial to them.

This 100 tag system will see allies such as (again no disrespect) DLR, Subh, Vsn and even p3nguins struggle to succeed solo. Therefore you're bound to see exactly the same political stance that I feel everyone is completely bored of...i.e. DLR/Euph working together, Asc/Apprime working together (obviously not last round but like in previous rounds)

Alliances will die simply put, because people want the best...its natural for people to want to be at the top. People will leave alliances for say asc (who are bound to be competitive at the very least) and this movement of players throughout the round is likely to increase with these changes. This will result in allies folding, resulting in the opposite affect of what people want to see (more neutral ground alliances). Correct me if you disagree
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote