View Single Post
Unread 4 Mar 2010, 01:43   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: "this is a special round"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So if no alliance ended last round at the full tag plus there being 6+ decent alliances to join now, why would raising the limit increase the amount of new players joining? If anything, all it does is encourage the current active alliances to merge with each other?
I can think of no alliance that I'd like Ascendancy to merge with.

That said, if alliances feel they can merge, I am entirely ok with that. It implies that the only reason they didn't before was because of the artificial limitations put in place by the game.

As for why alliances don't recruit newbies, I think it's partly a mindset. Recruitment is ridiculously strict in PA. In similar games, I have been invited to well-established alliances by total strangers, simply because of how well I was doing in the game. Sometimes that means you recruit an idiot who quits after a week and sometimes you recruit someone who ends up becoming the biggest player in your alliance. It's all about taking chances, and I feel PA alliances take too few. It's not like they have anything to lose. Perhaps these new high alliance limits will help facilitate that process. Then again, it's hardly a revolutionary move (though a step in the right direction).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
In the other thread, one of Ascs members also said they didnt expect to hit the limit due to there strict recruiting? thats hardly inviting newbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone who isn't mz
Something irrelevant
Hardly welcoming of newbies Mz?
What other people say is not my concern. I suggest you direct your queries to the person in question (who, if you hadn't noticed already, isn't me).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 4 Mar 2010 at 02:13.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote