Thread: BSc vs. BA
View Single Post
Unread 22 Mar 2005, 12:46   #28
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: BSc vs. BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
I wont have a doctorate but i'll be a Chiropractor and by law they are entitled to be referred to as doctors.
No they aren't. The only people "entitled" to be called "Doctor" are holders of doctorates. Everyone else who is called that (including medical doctors) is only called it by courtesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWoodster
Dr Paul Lord BSc(HONS), MSc, PhD, MACS, MACM, SMIEEE.
a) It's incorrect to use "Dr" and post-nominals at the same time.
b) It's also incorrect to use "BSc" and "MSc" at the same time, since they're different grades of the same thing.
c) If you're going to separate the different post-nominals with commas, put one after your name as well.
c) If you'd been to a proper university (read: Cambridge) you'd know that post-nominals are listed in descending, not ascending, order. You don't see the Duke of Grafton putting his DL before his KG.

</pedantry>
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote