View Single Post
Unread 13 Oct 2006, 01:03   #32
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: To Kill or Not to Kill, That Is the Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Very witty, very droll.
my dad once told me about a paper that he read in some law journal. topic: recidivism rates in capitol punishment cases. apparently the conclusion was 'pretty low'

topically, it's been said by a number of people on here before, but basically at the low rate of enforcement in the US it's hard to consider it a significant issue.

i used to be strongly opposed on the grounds that having the death penalty makes it difficult to condemn torture without people giggling. and i'm pretty strongly anti-torture.

but recently my government has made that anti-death penalty argument entirely moot, so i've moved on to "it really is an inconsequential issue"
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote