View Single Post
Unread 10 Oct 2006, 11:20   #13
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: To Kill or Not to Kill, That Is the Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
The debate is over whether the way that California and most other states executes prisoners is "cruel and unusual" according to the Constitution.
I guess I'm not too far off reality if I blame this on the whole "worshipping the constitution as the ultimate holy document"-deal some of you people over there seem to have going on. If you accept that premise, I guess the discussion is sane enough.
Quote:
Now, clearly killing human beings by a governmental entity is far from being unusual so the real debate is around whether the method used, lethal injection, is "cruel" or not.
Far from unusual? Even Russia abandoned it

Quote:
Is it just me or does it strike anyone else as a bit bizarre that we are wringing our hands over the possible pain of a person that we are killing?
Americans having inane debates lost its shock-value some time ago
Quote:
The strongest argument against the death penalty is that it makes the entire justice system look insane.
That and the whole 'thou shall not kill'-bullshit some fundamendalists have going on..