View Single Post
Unread 16 Dec 2006, 01:25   #46
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: ITT: You help me with the culture shock [London]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
I still believe there should be laws governing behaviour on pavements, in the same way as there are on roads.

Walking across the natural flow of walkers: $50 fine and a caution.
Stopping in the middle of the pavement, without due regard for those following behind you: $100 fine.
Stopping in the middle of the pavement, without due regard for those following behind you, because someone called your mobile and it you were so excited it overloaded your brain (already overloaded with the simple task of breathing): $1,000 fine.
Stopping in the middle of the pavement with your ten stupid-arse friends in a huddle big enough to block the whole ****ing thing: $5,000 + a Friday and Saturday night in the cells, even if the offence happened on a Tuesday.

I may have to draw up a citizen's charter on this, as long as I get popular support. Hell, this could get me elected!!
If you include "Walking with a group of friends in a line across the entire pavement" , and expanding it to cover things like shopping centres as well, i'd vote for you