View Single Post
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 19:38   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: ITT: You help me with the culture shock [London]

Wear black shoes and some form of collared shirt and you'll be fine most places. Ask who you're going somewhere, and if you're going alone then check the website or phone ahead to avoid embarrassment.

As for tipping, it's not as big as elsewhere, a lot of people don't seem to bother. Service charges are included in with the bill someplaces so check your receipt. If people do tip it seems to range from 7-8 upto 20% (ish). As Phil says, only give in cash if you want the staff to definitely get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeethot
I know you're supposed to bring something when you visit someone's else house.
This depends on the circumstances you're visiting in but yeah, I guess.

Most people don't take those sorts of customs seriously (this isn't an episode of Seinfeld) so I wouldn't worry. Most people in London are fairly relaxed and are used to foriegn visitors with their funny ways.

If however the Metropolitan Police start running after you then...well, say a little prayer.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote